We had a chance to take Noah to Houston this weekend for a mini vacation. In fact it was his very first vacation! It’s rare that my wife and I both have a weekend off together, so we thought we’d take advantage of this rare occasion and head to Houston to visit some of our closest friends…and meet some new ones!
One of our good friends works for the Houston Astros, and invited us to come up to Minute Maid Park to watch the game and get an exclusive behind the scenes tour of the ballwork! (Which also came with a pair of free tickets – thanks Dave!)
This was my frist time to go on vacation with a newborn; here’s what I learned:
- No matter how much space your care has, you wish it had more. We just bought a new Chevy Equinox and thought we had plenty of space. We were wrong. (By the way, we really like the Equinox!)
- The less luggage you bring, the fewer trips you have to make back and forth from the car to the hotel room.
- Car seats get really heavy, really quick.
- You never know when your baby will feel like crying, or laughing……loudly. It could be at a resturtant, in the middle of the night, or right as the pastor as finishing up his closing point. You just never know. Be prepared. Always.
- I love being a dad. I mean seriously. Going on vacations with my wife and son is a dream come true. It’s even more fun then I thought it would be.
I’m typing this from our hotel room in Houston. It’s sort of weird to be documenting our son’s first vacation. I think about all of the places we will go, all the trips we will take, and all of the fun we will have. It will be fun to look back at this website with Noah one day and talk about all of the the “firsts” I was able to record.
I am truly blessed. My prayer is that The Lord would bless us with many happy years as a family!