Exersaucer’s and Jumperoo’s are one of the first things new parents want to buy for their baby. But there’s so many questions. What’s the best exersaucer? Jumperoo versus Exersaucer? Exersaucer or Jumperoo? It’s enough to make your head spin. And as a parent the last thing you need is another thing to stress out about.
I’ve got great news; your online search for information ends here. Take a deep breath, sit back, watch the super cute video above, take a second to check out our son’s story) and take pleasure in the fact that after you read this post you can check “buy an exersaucer (or jumperoo)” off your to do list.
By the way, be sure to check out the top 10 toys that have really worked out great for our baby. While your there be sure to add any of your child’s favorite toys to the list.
Exersaucer Versus Jumperoo Vs Jumper – Which One Is Best For Your Baby?
Before Noah was born I had no idea there was such a heated debate among parents regarding the use of an exersaucer or jumperoo. A quick google search will bring up countless pages (and arguments) about the pros and cons of using one or the other.
Our son was born with Down syndrome, and my wife and I are strong supporters of early childhood intervention, to help them reach their milestones. Our son gets to spend a lot of time with some of the best physical and occupational therapists in the world. So you better believe when it came time for us to make a decision regarding a jumperoo or exersaucer we picked their brains. I mean why not, their experts when it comes to this sort of stuff!
After talking to the experts about the use of an exersaucer or jumperoo it was clear that an exersaucer was the best option. I’ll list some of the best exersaucers you can buy, and finally tell you which one we bought our son and three reasons why we really like it.
Top 3 Exersaucer’s For Your New Baby
1. Evenflo Splash Mega Exersaucer - This exersaucer by Evenflo gets great review’s from parents, and has lots of fun activities to keep your baby entertained.
2. The Baby Einstein Around The World Discovery Center : This discovery center (another name for exersaucer) by Baby Einstein is another great choice. It’s very colorful, lots of fun items to engage your baby, and very easy to put together; which make it a traffic choice.
3. The Evenflo Triple Fun Exersaucer is a very popular model due to the fact that not only are you purchasing a great exersaucer for your baby, but included in the box is a playmat and activity table. So you get three excellent items for your baby in one convenient package. Talk about a triple win!
So which one did we buy for our son? While all three of these exersaucer would suit your babies needs well, we actually went with the Baby Einstein Exersaucer. The model in the video is actually the older model of the one we linked to. In fact Noah gets a ton of use out of it, and it even helped him develop the core strength needed to meet some of his developmental milestones.
3 Reasons Why The Baby Einstein Exersaucer Is Great For A Child With Down Syndrome (or any child!)
1. Supportive Seat: One of the physical characteristics of children born with Down syndrome is low muscle tone (hypotonia.) This is especially true early on as they are working hard on developing their core and learning how to sit up. Oddly enough many developmental toys are designed for typically developing children, and don’t work well for children born with Down syndrome.
It was particularly difficult to find an exersaucer that had a seat capable of providing proper support for his neck and head. And we actually ended up returning another model, before we landed on this one. Thankfully we found the seat in this exersaucer to provide excellent upper body support (for any child.)
2. Sensory Development: After Noah’s first visit to the physical therapist we learned how much he enjoys anything that makes noise and lights up. The louder and brighter the better! In fact, all children can greatly benefit from the excellent sensory development that bright and loud (and perhaps sometimes annoying) toys provide.
3. Variety of Fun Activities: It addition to the great sensory stimulation mentioned above, this exersaucer has 7 other excellent “stimulation stations” Noah seems to enjoy all of them, and doesn’t get board while he is hard at work playing.
Bonus 4th Reason: Free Babysitter…!
The exersaucer makes a great babysitter while you are cooking dinner, or need to get a little work done. We keep our exersaucer close to the kitchen, and have found it’s perfect for entertaining Noah for a few minutes while mommy puts something yummy in the oven. We don’t leave Noah in his there more than 20 minutes or so at a time, but for those 15-20 minutes it can be very helpful..
The Developmental Office
I once heard a mom refer to an exersaucer as their baby’s office, and after watching the way Noah handles his (fun and playful) business in his I can see why! Noah really enjoys hanging out and playing in his developmental office and knows it’s his own little space. It’s so much fun watching him enjoy it.
If you found this article helpful, please take a second to click the LIKE button on the left and check out our awesome and growing Facebook community with over 15 thousand parents waiting to meet you.
Please be sure to enter your email below and stay up to date on all of our newest posts.
So parents…what’s your opinion? Exersaucers vs Jumperoo ? Which way are you leaning and why? Have you tried any of the ones on our list? Is there another model we left out, that should be added to the list? Take a second to leave a comment below and let us know.Share The Love: