I’m going to be running the 2016 TCS New York City Marathon (Sunday November 6th) to help raise awareness, and funds, for some great Down syndrome research (if you’d like to donate, I’d really appreciate it. You can do so by clicking here.) I thought it would be fun to document my training, so I hope you enjoy my week 2 (pre) training update!
Week 2’s (Pre) Training Update
This week I ran a total of 22 miles, which you can see below.
As you can see, I didn’t follow the training plan exactly, here are the details for week 2:
- Sunday – Rest Day
- Monday – 4.51 miles. 10′ 19″ per mile
- Tuesday – 4.01 miles. 10′ 13″ per mile.
- Wednesday – I did an OrangeTheory class and ran 1.27 miles on the treadmill for a pace of 10′ 32″ and then I did my very first group social run (see picture below) where we ran 3.25 miles for 11’57” per mile. I signed up for the group run at a running store near where I live, and I have to say I really enjoyed it. It was fun running with other folks and the people were all very nice! I’ll be doing this again.
- Thursday – Rest Day
- Friday – 6.01 miles (long run.) 11′ 16″ per mile.
- Saturday – I did an OrangeTheory class and ran 2.72 miles on the treadmill for 2.72 miles at a pace of 10′ 46″
Also on Saturday our family participated in a fun walk for MS. A friend of ours was recently diagnosed with MS and so it was a ton of fun to get together with a bunch of our friends and support our friend and that cause!
As I write this I’m working through week 3 of my pre training! My longest pure run (without stopping) I think is 6 miles (although I may have ran further than that a few years ago when I first got into running.) That’s a long way from 26.2, but hopefully I’ll get there! Until next week…..